Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Statistics Come Alive

One more from TED! I promise I’ll let you explore more of these on your own, but before I do, I have to point out one more of my favorites from the TED website. You simply MUST check out Gapminder.org.  Gapminder’s founder Hans Rosling, a Swedish professor of global health, has presented twice at the TED conference, showing off international data in a way that will knock your socks off.  Below is his first TEDTalk....he can definitely explain Gapminder better than I could.
Hans Rosling’s profile on TED:

Go straight to Gapminder.
About Gapminder: The initial activity was to continue development of the Trendalyzer software. This software unveils the beauty of statistical time series by converting boring numbers into enjoyable, animated and interactive graphics. The current version of Trendalyzer is available since March 2006 as Gapminder World, a web-service displaying time series of development statistics for all countries.

Statistics can be enjoyable? You really have to see it to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment